Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's good advice I just don't think I would make any money based on tuning or part development since it's essentially done.

What would I offer to the platform?
    Yup, RS3 and TTRS have been done. It wonít drive the forum forward, plus Audi forums are lame.

The Supra will cross pollinate the BMW and Toyota forums. Much more upside.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Yup, RS3 and TTRS have been done. It won’t drive the forum forward, plus Audi forums are lame.

The Supra will cross pollinate the BMW and Toyota forums. Much more upside.
    Yup! A much more interesting car to most than the ones listed above IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Yeah the Supra gets my vote by far. Should also help build site traffic etc. An M2 is just...well an M2.
    The Supra makes a lot of sense but we still need details and to see what the sales figures will be.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

IPD plenum for Porsche 991.2 3.0 for sale: $650

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    I'm talking about R888R's not R888's
    Lol, yes so am I. For sale BTW Toyo R888R 275/35/18 150miles on them.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I really like the TTRS platform. We're about done with S4 initial development and then I'll start spending some more time with the RS3. George @ BMS picked one up to play with. I'm trying to talk my wife in to driving a TTRS so I have an excuse to go buy one just for fun, lol. Tiny car capable of 9s with minor mods, huge win for Audi.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You want an Audi but know the Supra is the better business move...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GreyNBlueE92 Click here to enlarge
    You want an Audi but know the Supra is the better business move...
    Finding it hard to like the Supra with a BMW non-m engine and an auto. It doesn't feel right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    Finding it hard to like the Supra with a BMW non-m engine and an auto. It doesn't feel right.
    The Supra going to be the car of 2019. Get in early, be one first to do a turbo upgrade. It will get attention, posting dynos, 1/4, 1/2 times. Whatís not to like, a 3300lbs car with Cayman like handling and motor ecu that has been cracked already. Didnít BigBoost crack 600whp recently with B58? At 3300lbs and 600whp, thatís 570s power to weight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

The Supra going to be the car of 2019. Get in early, be one first to do a turbo upgrade. It will get attention, posting dynos, 1/4, 1/2 times. What’s not to like, a 3300lbs car with Cayman like handling and motor ecu that has been cracked already. Didn’t BigBoost crack 600whp recently with B58? At 3300lbs and 600whp, that’s 570s power to weight.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it will still run low 11s @ 130.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I really like the TTRS platform. We're about done with S4 initial development and then I'll start spending some more time with the RS3. George @ BMS picked one up to play with. I'm trying to talk my wife in to driving a TTRS so I have an excuse to go buy one just for fun, lol. Tiny car capable of 9s with minor mods, huge win for Audi.
    I love planting seeds, I knew it was only matter of time. Lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Supra going to be the car of 2019. Get in early, be one first to do a turbo upgrade. It will get attention, posting dynos, 1/4, 1/2 times. What’s not to like, a 3300lbs car with Cayman like handling and motor ecu that has been cracked already. Didn’t BigBoost crack 600whp recently with B58? At 3300lbs and 600whp, that’s 570s power to weight.

Exactly, all of these reasons. Plus the ridiculous following the Supra has and everyone knows about them who are in to cars. You've done two german cars with the m3 and Porsche, now Japanese, maybe next an american car. Depending on your goals and what you are doing you may want to keep the m3.

The TTRS is already in the 9s. You are not going to be the 1st in the 8s so why bother?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yeah Supra is the most logical choice. You already know the people to deal with to mod and that's a big advantage over the Toyota guys. BMW engine with auto? Who gives $#@! a really if it's going to get all the hype. Get on it. It may be a good car after all. The Audis are cool and impressive but let's be real you can't do much with it above what's already being done and published in other forums. The 718 aftermarket is limited as well. The M2 too is not that much of a hot market because whatever is going to happen with that car is already happened with the M3 so scratch that too.

The man choice would be a Viper though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the new z4m will get the new version of b58 ~380 hp also it's light and like m2 comp performance, bmw throw the old version on the supra Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Lol, yes so am I. For sale BTW Toyo R888R 275/35/18 150miles on them.
    Weird, I've heard really good things about them.
    Three sets of brand new 991.2 3.0 headers for sale: Kline, Fabspeed, and Vektor Ceramic Coated

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
    The man choice would be a Viper though
    Oh of course. Just not the best business move.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Weird, I've heard really good things about them.
    So have I Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I change my vote. You should get a C7 ZR1 and get someone to figure out how to crack the ECU.

Or if you don't want to go for that get a Mclaren 720S or if on a budget, an MP4 12c
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Supra would be wise from business perspective but only if you move fast...much faster than 911...the market could get saturated fairly quickly.

I am not sure on RS5 volumes, but the 2.9TT engine is in multiple cars in multiple markets...and is getting very little support. You could pioneer, dominate the market, be the go to tuning company for the 2.9TT.

2.9TT
    RS5 & RS4
    Panamera
    New R8

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    Supra would be wise from business perspective but only if you move fast...much faster than 911...the market could get saturated fairly quickly.

I am not sure on RS5 volumes, but the 2.9TT engine is in multiple cars in multiple markets...and is getting very little support. You could pioneer, dominate the market, be the go to tuning company for the 2.9TT.

2.9TT
    RS5 & RS4
    Panamera
    New R8
    If the R8 was confirmed with the motor I'd go this route.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    I change my vote. You should get a C7 ZR1 and get someone to figure out how to crack the ECU.

Or if you don't want to go for that get a Mclaren 720S or if on a budget, an MP4 12c
    I doubt the NSA would help me out. No chance the ZR1 gets done without inside help.

The Mclaren is the best car but not the biggest modding market. Volume is key. The Mclaren comes later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Domestics haven't really been discussed as our focus here is mostly German/European but the new GT500 may be interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it will still run low 11s @ 130.
    That’s not the point. The point of this car is to get attention to sticky’s forum. Everyone and their mother will be talking about the Supra when it debuts early next year. Honestly no gives a sh*t about RS3 running 9’s like a robot, been done. The point of this car is getting more exposure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, all of these reasons. Plus the ridiculous following the Supra has and everyone knows about them who are in to cars. You've done two german cars with the m3 and Porsche, now Japanese, maybe next an american car. Depending on your goals and what you are doing you may want to keep the m3.

The TTRS is already in the 9s. You are not going to be the 1st in the 8s so why bother?
    Yup. Itís either new Supra or mid-engine C8. Easily the two cars that will be in the spotlight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That’s not the point. The point of this car is to get attention to sticky’s forum. Everyone and their mother will be talking about the Supra when it debuts early next year. Honestly no gives a sh*t about RS3 running 9’s like a robot, been done. The point of this car is getting more exposure.
    That is exactly it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup. It’s either new Supra or mid-engine C8. Easily the two cars that will be in the spotlight.
    Problem is the C8 will be double the price if not more. The Supra has the engine overlap going for it too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast